Monday, May 12, 2014

Building

Mother's Day was wonderful time as a family before our 3 chicks leave the nest for great adventures.  I loved the handmade cards, drawings and gifts.  Em stitched a phrase from a Fleetwood Mac song that I have been identifying with as we grow and they fly away, "I've been afraid of changing 'cause I built my life around you...". And what I am coming to appreciate through this process is that the building never ends.  Building is a lifelong endeavor and I am so thankful for the foundation of love afforded me throughout my life.  Also building Simplicity #3835, no hammer required!  Jessica Pearl

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your perspective, Jessica. I really did appreciate the little frog card with fingerprints from my five year old. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, and what a great embroidery, something to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, thoughtful embroidery! So glad you had a happy Mother's Day!! And also glad that the pattern doesn't require a hammer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The building never does end...once ya get over the initial "empty nest" the next chapter is filled with rewards beyond what you can imagine...grandchildren are wonderful!!! I too love that embroidery too...is it ready to hang???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if I was attempting a clothes pattern I would certainly require a hammer! lol :)

    ReplyDelete