Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Creative Mess

One of my earliest memories of school is being clad in one of Daddy's work shirts, buttoned in the back for art time.  In Daddy's shirt, I was unleashed to paint and glitter with wild abandon!  Such creative freedom afforded by our fathers' cast offs!  Yearning to recapture some of that spirit, I married 2 thrifted linen shirts to make a new art smock with a pocket fashioned from a sleeve.  I thought that I had 2 men's shirts but in the final analysis, the brown shirt is a woman's.  When I recognized that the buttons were on opposite sides, I started to get bent out of shape about it and then I recalled my 5 year old spirit.  How many times do my adult sensibilities take the fun out of what should be creative play?!  So if you should see me with a paint brush and half open art smock, please excuse my creative mess! Jessica Pearl

6 comments:

  1. Ah I remember those days too! Such fond memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good memories!! I can still visualize the wooden easels with bits of rainbow paint here and there along with the cute tray in front holding the paint. Those were the days!!! Good thing you are a make do kind of gal and didn't let the button situation slow you down!!! Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks and sounds like the perfect creative attire! Do you do much painting as well as the sewing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and sentimental project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for helping me to retrieve my inner artist, Jessica. Those were the days! Love your new paint smock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative and quite stunning I might add!

    ReplyDelete