Sunday, September 21, 2014

Cutting fabric and calories!

Our quilt guild had a day sewing retreat at Stephen Foster State Park on the Suwannee River.  Fun!  However,  I did more cutting than sewing and some sitting on the river bank as well.  The weekend has included some thrift.  I patched this thrifted denim skirt with old embroidery and some scraps.  It is a tad snug as are more and more things in my closet!  I have hooked up with My Fitness Pal.  Lovely app!  Good thing, my fat quarters need trimming!!!
Jessica Pearl

5 comments:

  1. You are hilarious!!! So glad you had a fun sewing weekend as well as some thrifting and relaxing!!! Have a great week Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your fitness pal! I've been really good all Summer, with lots of walking and swimming, but already I'm noticing the effect of getting back into school term time, :(. I always love the way you patch and beautify garments with your vintage bits and pieces. I'm hoping I might make a couple of night gowns for the girls for Christmas and I can feel a crocheted doily embellishment or two coming on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me giggling ... we are just coming out of winter here so my FQ's need some trimming too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FQ's always need trimming...I think it's the fact we never give up that counts! BTW...I have those same darling crocs...comfy and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pants. Have fun with the app.

    ReplyDelete